Order Modification & Enforcement

Hope. Heal. Thrive.

Modifying & Enforcing Divorce Orders in McKinney

Protect Your Rights with Our Knowledgeable Lawyer

When the circumstances of one's life have changed, the law provides for the ability to change or modify the terms of a divorce through a post-divorce modification. You also have a right to enforce the terms of a divorce if the other party is breaking the agreement.

The terms of a divorce are not intended to go-on indefinitely. Both parties usually go through significant life changes over the years and some of terms of your divorce will no longer be as relevant.

The following circumstances could be cause for a divorce modification:

  • Changes in income
  • Changes in expenses
  • New jobs
  • Physical relocation for employment

In any of the above situations, it is important to modify the terms of your child support and spousal support payments to ensure you are still getting the financial help you need or seek a more favorable payment plan that you can afford. In addition, custody and visitation plans may also need to change, especially in cases where one parent has moved away or when a parent is no longer fit to care for a child.

Want to learn how you can have your divorce terms modified? Call (469) 646-7763 today.

Enforcing Your Divorce Agreement

If your ex-spouse is refusing to pay the amount of support you agreed to, if they refuse to surrender property, or if they are violating the terms of your custody agreement, it is vital that you work with an attorney to fight for your rights and best interests. Enforcing the terms of your order is important to protect both you and your child, helping to ensure you do not suffer from a decreased standard of living.

Enforcing your order requires court intervention through the filing of a motion for contempt of court and laying out what terms of the order were violated. After stating your case, a family law judge will issues another written order to resolve your matter. If your ex still does not comply, they may be sent to jail, face financial penalties, or be subject to other penalties.

Turn To Camille Borg Law PLLC for Your Legal Needs

If you are wondering what your rights are with respect to the modification or enforcement of the terms of your divorce, you count on our knowledgeable team to help. All of our clients work personally with our founding attorney Camille R. Borg, meaning you can rest assured an experienced legal professional will be assisting you throughout the duration of your legal matter.

When you work with Camille, you can expect personalized legal representation. She takes the time to learn more about you and your goals to allow our firm to better represent your best interests in court. When someone is not adhering to the terms you agreed upon, you need a powerful advocate on your side fighting to make sure your rights are protected. We strive to help out clients resolve conflicts as peacefully as possible so they can move on with the next stage of their lives.

Further Reading:

If you need help modifying or enforcing the terms of your divorce, contactour lawyers at (469) 646-7763.

Read Our Testimonials

Clients Are Our Top Priority

  • "Without a doubt, I'd recommend Carissa and her paralegal, Ashley!"

    Erin M.
  • "She helped me with a complicated case and made me feel at ease!"

    Dawn S.
  • "Camille Borg knew what she was doing, and did it well, would not hesitate to recommend her services."

    Nate P.
Why Clients Trust Our Firm
  • Fearlessly Fighting for the Underdogs
    Camille Borg Law PLLC has an extreme passion for championing the best interests of those who can't do it alone.
  • Devoted Counselor at Law
    Our family attorney in McKinney, TX strives to bridge the gap between mental health and legal issues through the cases we handle.
  • Available & Accessible
    We make it a priority to maintain updated, constant lines of communication with the clients we represent.
Contact Camille Borg Law PLLC Today Experienced & Devoted Advocates On Your Side
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your Preferred Contact.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

*This attorney is only licensed in Texas and cannot take out-of-state cases.